One of the best ways to learn about your community and state government is through a California State Assembly internship. Assemblymember Ash Kalra seeks bright, self-motivated, and energetic individuals for his District Office in San Jose.
We are looking for a seasonal intern (summer, fall, winter, or spring) who has an interest in political science, government, public service, and community outreach and organizing. Although internship terms will be determined based on availability and needs of the District Office, a minimum of ten hours a week is required.
- Engage with constituents via telephone or in-person
- Research and respond to constituent requests and inquiries
- Assist with constituent casework
- Assist with data entry
- Work with staff with special projects and assignments
- Attend events
- Perform outreach to community leaders, constituents, and interest groups
- Assist in research and planning of upcoming events
- Other miscellaneous tasks, as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines simultaneously
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Fluency in second language is beneficial
Questions? Call the District Office at (408) 286-2535 or email Juan Rodriguez at Juan.Rodriguez@asm.ca.gov.